Center for Academic Research Excellence
Meet the Team
The Center for Academic Research Excellence (CARE) supports GME and other academic research projects. Residents engaged in required GME scholarly activity receive guidance from the Clinical Academic Research team comprised of an Academic Mentor, Project Coordinator and Regulatory Coordinator. Residents should initially contact the Academic Mentor (Monica Davila, MD, PhD) for assistance with all types of research associated activity (case study, poster, presentation, QI project or research project). Process guidance will be determined based on the exact nature of the scholarly activity.
To request academic support please email: CFD-S.GME.Research@AHSS.org or Monica.Davila@AdventHealth.com.
Graduate Medical Education website: AdventHealth Graduate Medical Education | AdventHealth
Eligibility for Services
The Center for Collaborative Research (CCR) offers biostatistical consulting services to AdventHealth Research Departments for internally and externally sponsored projects.
Biostatistical support focuses on the following areas of service:
- Step 1 (preliminary study design) - Advice regarding study design, sample size, variable selection and analysis options.
- Step 2 (advanced study design) – Review of draft research protocol with specific emphasis on the analysis section of protocol.
- Step 3 (study implementation) - Advice regarding proper form for electronic collection of data, questionnaire construction or data acquisition.
- Step 4 (study completion) – Analysis and interpretation of results provided for supported studies. Written report including summary tables may be provided.
- Step 5 (publication) Statistical interpretation section of manuscripts will be reviewed for non-authored manuscripts. Authored articles will have statistical methodology section provided.
Procedure and Guidelines
- Researchers are encouraged to consult early in the formulation of a research project so that study design, primary objectives and analysis are specified correctly. Data elements must be collected in a format that is both manageable and conducive to the appropriate analysis.
- To precisely tailor methods to researchers’ projects, the principal investigator must provide introductory information about the research project requiring statistical assistance. If the research project is outside the scope of our expertise, CCR reserves the right to decline assistance.
- Requests for support are ordered according to the date in which they were received, with some consideration given to projects with high priority status. Depending on the number of requests, consulting appointments may take anywhere from one to three weeks to schedule. Please plan accordingly.
- Biostatistical consulting is available to assist with data collection issues, but the collection and recording of information is the responsibility of the research team.
- Researchers must provide study information or data in the proper electronic format before receiving assistance. Data cleaning is the responsibility of the researcher rather than CCR.
- A written report detailing the analysis and results will be reviewed with the researcher.
To Request Statistical Consulting Services, please email CCR by contacting us via email at FH.CCR@AdventHealth.com.