REST: The role of type 2 diabetes on skeletal muscle atrophy and recovery following bed rest in older adults
Associated ConditionsDiabetes-Drug Study
Study Purpose: To better understand the role of Type 2 Diabetes on skeletal muscle atrophy and recovery following bed rest.
Study Duration: 14 weeks
- 2 Screening Visits
- 5 Pre-Bedrest Visits
- 10 Consecutive Days of Bedrest
- 8 Weeks of Outpatient Exercise Recovery
Age: 60-80 years old Sex: Male & Female
Conditions/Eligibility: We are seeking healthy participants and type 2 diabetics.
- Physical exam, vital signs, height/weight/BMI
- Electrocardiogram (ECG)
- Lab specimen collection (blood and urine)
- DEXA and MRI
- Exercise testing (Questionnaires, Hand grip Strength, VO2 Max)
- Tissue sampling (muscle)
This study is currently enrolling.
Interested in Participating?
Please call (407) 303-7193 or fill out the Contact Form below for more information.